STUDENT SUBSTANCE ABUSE & RELATED BEHAVIOR SURVEY SERVICES
ERASE conducts needs assessments through student and key stakeholder surveys, focus groups and secondary data sources. These methods are used to measure substance use trends, service gaps and community readiness to embrace local prevention efforts. ERASE has developed a Student Use Survey which is available to all schools in the ERASE region. This tool assesses students’ attitudes and actions in regards to alcohol, tobacco, drugs, problem gambling and school climate.
Why Invest in a Student Survey?
Surveys provide invaluable data on student behavior and perceptions. This can serve as baseline data for new program evaluation. Data can assist in demonstrating need in grant applications. Most importantly, data will guide communitites in selecting programs that have demonstrated success in addressing the priority problems. In addition, community awareness of data can increase commitment to priority problems.
ERASE Student Survey Tool
Our survey assesses a range of student behaviors and perceptions regarding alcohol, DUI, tobacco, other drugs, gambling, sexual behavior, commitment to school, perception of harm and involvement in pro-social activities. Assessment topics can be customized to meet your school and/or community's needs.
ERASE Research Qualifications
Survey services are managed, implemented and data is analyzed by ERASE's Research Analyst, a Ph.D candidate in Research Psychology at the University of Connecticut, working towards a certificate in Quantitative Research Methods. Survey projects are supervised by the Executive Director, a Master in Public Health. ERASE has provided student needs assessment services in its 15-town region for over 10 years.
- Customization of the Student Survey tool to ensure all data your group wishes to collect is included
- Instructions on consent and survey administration
- Data input, processing and a detailed report including narrative and user-friendly graphs and charts
- Comparison to available local and national data
- Printing and binding of up to 50 reports (samples available upon request)
- Technical Assistance on Release of Data
- Plans for release of data, based on community culture and readiness
- Development of PowerPoint of key findings in PDF format
- Up to 3 formal presentations of key findings, presented by ERASE staff, to groups of the community's choice
- Assistance in development of "next steps" for planning prevention initiatives based on data outcomes